Today’s Member Monday is brought to you by Jill Hups, president of HIS Writers.
Novel Crafters Seminar of the Rockies
Our 3rd annual Novel Crafters Seminar of the Rockies is Saturday, November 17th, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in Northglenn, CO. This year our keynote speaker is award-winning novelist and bestselling author, DiAnn Mills, who will present “The Dance of Character and Plot.”
Early bird pricing ends September 30th. Cost up till then is only $99 for ACFW members, $109 for non-members, and includes continental breakfast, plated lunch (choose from three entrees), afternoon snack, unlimited coffee/tea service, and admission to the seminar. All early bird registrants will have their name put into a drawing to receive a $50 cash rebate. Drawing to take place day of seminar.
To register, go to http://www.acfwcolorado.com/NovelCraftersSeminar_12.html.
HIS Writers meet the second Monday of each month from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Barnes and Noble at 9370 Sheridan Blvd (NE corner of 92nd and Sheridan) in Westminster.
In October, our speaker will be author Jordyn Redwood, who will speak on Medical Mayhem: Tips on how to write medically accurate fiction. Jordyn is a pediatric ER nurse by day, suspense novelist by night. Redwood’s Medical Edge is her blog designed to help contemporary and historical novelists write medically accurate fiction. Her debut suspense novel, Proof, released this summer, is a heart pumping journey where DNA testing has set a vicious criminal free and how Lilly Reeves, one of his victims, proves his guilt despite the justice system working against her.
HIS Writers critique group meets the third Monday of each month from 7 – 9 p.m. at New Life Church, 1457 Nelson St. in Lakewood. The group is open to all HIS Writers members. For questions contact Donna Schlachter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In celebration of HIS Writers member accomplishments.
- Kordi signed up for Excel 1 & 2 and a class on time management at the Jeffco Workforce Center. All counties offer free classes like these and Kordi suggested others look into them.
- Linda wrote over 40,000 words in ten days to finish her latest novel Wind Rider and submitted it to the Christian Writers Guild’s First Novel Contest.
- Bonnie contracted with agent, Steve Hudson with World Wise Media.
- Donna R. started a blog at email@example.com
- Julie wrote a cover page news article for her community garden newsletter at roserootsgarden.org
- Paul and Kathy spoke at Written World Book Store as part of a Titanic presentation. They will be doing book signings for their book, Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal, in Colorado Springs on September 28th.
- Postmark Christmas, a compilation of Christmas stories with stories by Paula and Kathy, released September 1st. Check it out on Amazon.com.
- Paula released a story in a grandparents book.
- Donna S. contracted with a new agent, Terrie Wolf with AKA Literary Agency.
- Phillip finished his rough draft of his latest sci-fi novel of 100,000 words.
That should just about do it for HIS Writers this month. We hope to see you around soon!